On Thursday, July 11th, 2013 a council of appellate judges decided to grant the release of anarchist Kostas Sakkas. The comrade completed 38 days of hunger strike, and is still in the Nikaia hospital.
The restrictive conditions imposed are:
– a monetary bail of 30,000 euros (he must pay this amount to walk out of prison),
– a ban from leaving the country,
– a ban from leaving the region of Attica,
– an obligation to present himself every Monday at the nearest police station,
– an obligation to reside only in the home he has declared as permanent residence,
– a prohibition on communicating or meeting with any of his co-accused in the Conspiracy of Cells of Fire case (this order was imposed despite the fact that the comrade is currently standing two trials for the same case).
This evening, at 19.00, there is yet another assembly in solidarity with Kostas Sakkas in the Athens Polytechnic School (entrance from Stournari Street) to organize this large fundraising, because the comrade must pay the bail to get out of prison.
Sources: i, ii, iii
Fire to the prisons!