latest news from greece
- A woman, 29 years old, was arrested early the mourning for throwing a molotov coctail to the Corfu island’s pigs’ station at 01:05 during the night. The pigs blame the woman also for throwing stones against the front-glass of public pigs’ station the night before. She is already beaten up heavily during the “questioning” and tomorrow she will appear in front of a prosecutor.
- Responsibilty announcement for lootings of four luxurious cars in Evosmos district of Thessaloniki on 4th February. The action in solidarity with the last arrested person accused as member of “Conspiracy Cells of the Fire”.
- Delay of migrants’ trial who were arrested on 30th December during the christmas evacuation pigs’ actions in the center of Athens and blamed for “resistance”, “disobedience” and “damages against other’s property”. The eye-witnesses who blame them, two pigs and a cafe’s owner, did not appear in the court. Since the same date, one more migrant is kept arrested because he did not have official papers that legalize his presence in Greece. He is also characterized as an “extremely dangerous person” for the greek authorities because of the other three persons accusions.
- The trial for the case of Alexandros Grigoropoulos’ murder will start from the beginning on 17th February. It is possible that the asassin, E. Korkoneas, will be released from prejail custody because of the continues delays.
- During the afternoon, 50 anarchists/antiauthoritarians entered the conference room of Nikopolis Hotel in Thessaloniki in purpose to cancel the “Industry 2020” conference that used to take place there. The speechers of the event were the economy’s minister, the industrialist Mylonas, the head of Eurobank and other legal mafia creeps. A plakat was rised up on which was written “War against the bosses’ war”, slogans were spoken out and flyers were spreaded. As the comrades were on their way out of the building they threw Potatoe-Bombs* in the room and so the event was canceled because of the bad smell.
Video of the action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNrvjVceK_4
* Recipe for Potatoe-Bomb: We peel some potatoes and we put the peeled outer parts of the potatoe in a glass-jar. We add water or even better piss (it smells better with piss), we close tight the jar and let it rest for two weeks.
- Looting mechanism at the Agricultural Bank of Ioannina town during the last night.
- Yesterday, farmers from 12 highway and boarder-toll-stations blockades who decide independantly of any syndicalist leadership, among them also the Farmers’ Antiauthoritarian Movement, decided to keep on their blockades all around middle and north Greece. The rest of the farmers with hyrearchical syndicate stractures have decided before some days to delay their actions, waiting for the government’s movements.